We have all had hair dyeing disasters when the color has not turned out like we wanted it to. Especially when we had to go from a dark shade to a much lighter shade. However, most of it goes wrong when we bleach our hair.
You can check on how to use wella toner so that it’s easier for you to make the right choice.
Although bleach lightens the hair but not the shade or tint of blonde that one would prefer. Which is why we recommend using wella toners with it to give yourself the perfect blonde hair that you want!
At Time 4 Buying, you will get all the top toners by Wella you can find in the market these days!
Best Wella Toners 2020:
Select the hair color that you’re looking a Wella Toner for:
Check out these top rated hair toners from other famous beauty brands too in case you wanna look for more options!
Wella Toner Shade Chart:
Incase you’re wondering how to select the right toner for your hair shade. Check out the guide here!
The color charm wella toners are a blessing when it comes to dyeing your hair blonde. They are color protecting and give your hair a shiny look without fading for a long time. It was quite difficult to compile a list of the top 6 wella hair color toners because they are all just so good. Have a look at our list the best wella toners to see which wella permanent hair color speaks to you and your shade of blonde!
You can also check out best hair toners from other world famous brands to choose the best one for yourself.
1. Wella Color Charm T10 Pale Blonde Toner
Why we love it:
- Overcomes stubborn undertones
- Lifts hair as it tones
- Gives hair a fresher appearance
2. Wella T14 Pale Ash Blonde Color Charm Toner
Why we love it:
- Perfect for brassy hair
- Mild Formulation
3. Wella Color Charm T18 Lightest Ash Blonde Toner
Why we love it:
- Fade resistant
- Gray coverage
- Long Lasting
4. Wella T15 Pale Beige Blonde Color Charm Toner
Why we love it:
- True-to-tone color
- Achieves that exquisite pale beige color
5. Wella T11 Lightest Beige Blonde Color Charm Toner
Why we love it:
- Best for a more gold finish
- Gentle on the hair
- The perfect neutral shade
6. Wella Color Charm Toner T35, Beige Blonde
Why we love it:
- Creates neutral, wheat like tones
- Lifts while it tones
People often wonder, mainly those who have recently started self-dyeing, what exactly is the purpose of a toner. There are certain complexities involved when it comes to dyeing your hair to exactly the color you imagined or thought of.
When it comes to dyeing your hair blonde, it gets even more complicated. Because not only do you have to figure out the shade of wella hair dye to use that will mix well with your original hair color to achieve that perfect shade but you also have to work out a way that your dyed blonde hair does not look too fake or phoney. And if you have really dark hair and you’re trying to go blonde, that is a different kind of problem on its own because bleaching will become a necessity and that often doesn’t work out to well.
In situations like these, the ideal toner will save your life. So, what does a hair toner do exactly? The most common are the purple/violet based or blue hair toners which can neutralize the brassiness and orange shade left behind by the bleach. Wella toners are specific products that work to cancel out bright yellow of a blonde-dyeing job gone horribly wrong.
– Unlike other toners, wella toners have a formula that also lifts your hair and not only tones it.
– The toners need to be used on very light hair or hair that has been pre-lightened to enhance the blonde beige or platinum element of the hair color while toning down the brassiness.
– Very much like hair dyes, wella toners work best when paired with the correct and suggested shade of hair.
– You can use the toner all over your hair or in specific areas that need to be corrected, just like you would use a concealer on your face.
– Although wella hair toners last a long time, their fade time does depend on how frequently you would wash your hair.
– The best thing about wella toners is that they are pretty good at what they are supposed to do and are much more affordable than any hairdresser who can achieve that flawless blonde look.
So lets remove that brassiness with Wella Color Charm!
How To Find The Right Toner For Your Shade?
Before you come to the final decision of picking out a toner, you need to figure out what shade of toner is the right one for you. There are a few things to keep in mind before your proceed; the original color of your hair, the shade of blonde that you want to see in your hair and you need to bleach your hair a bit lighter than what you want the end result to look like.
To help you pick out the right toner for your hair color, we have included a wella hair color chart for you to pick out a shade from and a wella toner chart to compare it with so you can finally choose the perfect wella toner from Wella T10 to Wella T27 and T35.
How To Use Wella Toners?
Although often people remain unclear on the importance of the whole toner thing but it is a really vital to being a blonde when you weren’t born one. The wella toners are very simple to use by yourself and the directions are easy to follow. So once you’ve picked out the best matched toner from the wella toners chart, the rest is just a breeze. Below is a list of the things required before we proceed with how to use wella color charm toners.Everything you need:
- Wella color charm toner
- A volume developer, either a 10 or 20 vd
- An old t-shirt that you were probably not going to need anymore ( because it can get messy sometimes).
- A bowl (for mixing)
- A brush that you use to dye your hair with
First Step: The Test
First, you need to mix the volume developer and the wella toner in the bowl in the ratio 2:1 ie. 2 parts of vd with 1 parts toner. Before you move on to application, do a strand test to be sure about the amount and the time you’ll need to achieve the desired results for your hair. You can perform the test on a small patch on the inside of your hair.
Second Step: Gear up for Application
Put on your gloves and get into your old t-shirt before your start the process of application. You can either dampen your hair or not, either way works fine. Divide your hair into sections by clipping it up and dividing it into layers to ensure that you leave no hair unturned.
Third Step : The Wait
Once you’ve completed the thorough application, then you wait. The time depends on the toner but it is usually 20-25 minutes for a dark shade and only 8-10 minutes for a light shade. Do not panic or be alarmed when your hair starts to turn violet, purple or blue, that is just the toner doing what it is supposed to do.
Fourth Step : The Wash
It is time for the moment of truth ie. to wash your hair and see if the results match the wella color charm chart. Here’s another tip: CONDITION. Condition your hair after washing it. You can either leave it in or wash it out, that’s up to you.
Tips For Achieving And Maintaining Well Toned Hair:
- Always follow the shade recommended by the wella color chart because that is there for a reason. People often make the mistake of going lighter than they are supposed to.
- Always try to opt for purple based toners rather than green or blue ones because they sometimes over correct and can turn your hair green.
- Do not make the mistake of removing all gold tones from your hair when you’re trying for the silvery appearance because it will make your hair look chalky and ashy rather than the silver-platinum blonde you were going for.
- Using the right developer is essential for the toning process. The suggested volume for developer is either 10 or 20, do not use the higher volume developers at home. Use the 10 volume one to correct mild brassiness and the 20 volume wella toner for orange hair with red undertones. It is suggested to not use the 30 volume without professional help.
- The next information is vital – do not try to achieve your desired shade at once. Go shade by shade to get to the end result because over-toning is a thing and it can ruin your hair. You need to be patient and do it over a few sessions for that perfect wella hair color.
- There is no shame in having to re-do the toning process but that is important if you want to maintain it because the process isn’t permanent. Most people want to know do you shampoo after wella toner. The answer is simple, it is upto you. But using a toner shampoo for the upkeep of your hair and to keep that brassiness in check is always recommended.
These are just a few tips to follow for a successful toning experience because we might not have well toned bodies, but we will have well toned hair.
Leave a Reply